There are several things to do in Chattanooga, a lot of them are outdoors and most of them unforgettable. Chattanooga is referred to as the scenic city surrounded by the natural beauty of the Tennessee River and mountain ridges of the Appalachian foothills. The city is filled with activities that are fun to do for locals and travelers of all stripes.
Once you are here you will be overwhelmed by the desire to spend a whole lot of time outside with the many activities it is advised that you have a schedule that will help you organize the list of sights and attractions to visit in the city.
Below are some of the things to do while in Chattanooga:
- Chattanooga Whiskey: Tennessee whiskey is famous all over the world, it is also home of distilleries. If you are here, you may go for a guided tour or just go through the tasting room for some of the 1816 cask or reserve whiskey.
- JJ’S Bohemia: JJ Bohemia is a musical institution where you will get to see up-coming Nashville rock bands stopping through for the night. You could also catch up on local acts and weekly comedy open mics.
- Rock City: Tourists get to visit Chattanooga to see Rock city which is very famous. Tourists will come all the way to cross the long suspension bridge, scale a climbing wall, see an impressive waterfall, and look out over seven different states from a single viewpoint at Lovers Leap.
- Chattanooga Market: Every Sunday of the regular season, you will find farmers and craftspeople. You can stroll through the collection of stands and sample the various vendors’ products and also get yourself a souvenir. You could also interact with the locals while catching up with live music.
- Tennessee Aquarium: The Aquarium was opened in 1992, it is one of the world’s largest freshwater aquariums. Here you will learn all about the wildlife that has shaped Chattanooga in specific and Tennessee in general.
- High point Climbing and Fitness: Have you always dreamed of scaling a building? this the right place to be. The city houses some of the most unique climbing walls in the country, you can have the experience of 17 USD, and also there is training for beginners.
- North Shore: the shore is located on the strip fun local shops, restaurants, cafes, and bars. The neighborhood is an ideal destination for those seeking to have a good time walking outside. The local shops offer vintage and antique pieces that may be very interesting.
- Coolidge Park: The park is very huge and home to one of the largest footbridges, The Walnut Street Bridge has an interactive water fountain and rock climbing facilities. If you are not in the mood of the activities that require a lot of energy, you could also come here for a picnic and relax while watching the birds.